Current Podcast

Saturday, April 12, 2008

I wonder if I believe in Fairy Tales

I wonder if I believe in fairy tales.I sometimes catch myself daydreaming at the oddest places about how my life would be if I married someone wonderful. I know this sounds silly specially coming from a gay man. But I dream about this more lately for some odd reason. It could be because so many people got married this year. My brothers are married and made their life and I find myself feeling jealous of what they have. I want what they have with a guy. I have dreamed the perfect proposal. The guy will pick the perfect ring. He would take his time picking the right one. In my mind the ring it perfect. In my mind I wouldn't care what it cost because he would of taken his time and thoughts of his love for me would've come to him as he picked it.He would proposed to me on a chilly early spring afternoon before the sun set next to the river. At the wedding there be only our closest family and friends. I would be wearing all white and black and he would be wearing black and white. We would recite our vows to each other while trying to hold back the tears.At the reception I even know the song I would sing to him thanking him for choosing me. I would cry during our first dance as a married couple. We will live happily ever after as a family and maybe would raise a kid of our own. I know this sounds tacky but a guy is allowed to dream. Since I have spent some time by myself today and as everyone knows when I'm by myself I think allot. I was thinking do I believe the fairytales I made up in my head. Can a guy be my prince? I'm I just an endless romantic? Or is my life just a big soap opera that doesn't go anywhere but its full of drama? I'm not sure sometimes but I do know this much. I think I'm up to a good start. I learned to let go. Live life one day at a time. Let myself be loved by someone who really cares about me and that I'm their center of their universe. Keep friendships that mean the world to me. I have to remember and remind myself every day. I do believe in fairytales because when you reach for the stars sometime you find yourself getting one.

No comments: